Saturday, March 22, 2014

3D Quilled Mashroom

                      3D  Quilling Mushroom

Stalk: For the stalk I cut 10 strips about 5 mm  and 29.7 cm (or 11 inches) long, out of white A4/Letter printer paper. Then I rolled it on a quilling tool, glued the tip and pulled the quilling tool out. Then I pressed into the center of the disk with my finger to form a cone shape, and coated it with glue inside.

Cap: For the cap I used about 20 red strips 4 mm  and 29.7 cm (or 11 inches), as I did for the stalk, rolled it and then I shaped the roll into a dome shape. Coated with glue inside the shape.

Finishing: Then I attached the cap to the stalk and make a ring from a wide (1 cm or 1/2 inch) and short (5 cm or 2 inches) strip cut to make a fringe. I made a few quilled "eyes" for grass and let i attach them to the mushroom's stalk. The white dots were the most difficult part; I rolled them using very narrow and short white strips (1 mm , and 2-3 cm or 1 inch long) and carefully glued to the cap using tweezers.

Thank you! 

Happy quilling!

No comments:

Post a Comment